Thursday, July 06, 2006

If you don't laugh, you'll cry!

I've had a really BAD day.

It started out like any other; blue sky, happy dogs, nice breakfast with hubby, we even had a new neighbor
stop by for a visit.
Then it all changed...

Checkers started leaking... she is an old lady dog, and you can't be mad at her for making a mess. As Keith is cleaning up the puddle, and I was washing her rear end, I kept visualizing this poor dog in rubber pants and piddle pads. :(

Not long after that, Keith was poking around the house, when he noticed
(cue the dramatic music in a minor key)
new termite damage! Oh Crud.
The only thing you can do is find out the extent of the damage, treat and rebuild.
Here is the damage that Keith found under the siding.







While all this was going on, I was doing laundry and I hung a load up to dry on the clothesline.
This is one of the things I love about living here; laundry smells so good when it's dried outside.
Then I hear Keith vacuuming up termites and laughing hysterically. He's getting his revenge by throwing the full vac bags in the burn barrel along with the damaged wood, termites and all. So, if you think you have felt a disturbance in the force, that's why.

Back to my BAD day.
I decided that we were going to need more vac bags, and Keith wanted some stuff from Poulson's, so I went to town, and ran the errands. The last thing on my list was the Vac bags, but I discovered that the vacuum store that carries Kirby bags is closed! What the....? Why would it be closed today? It's not the 4th of July! Doh!
I then looked up and noticed a huge storm, coming in fast! Doh! Remember the laundry?

I raced back home in the pouring rain, hoping that Keith might have taken the laundry down, but no. He was occupied with slaying termites.
So I went out and took down the sopping wet clothes...no big deal? it probably wouldn't have been except that
A BIRD FLEW OVER AND POOPED IN MY HAIR!

GAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Lord, you have to be kidding me! I hope you are laughing, because I AM NOT at this moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That was like, so funny, and yet so poignant and heart-breaking that I am torn beween sobs and guffaws.
I was moved, I tell ya - moved.